This Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal is nice, chewy, and stuffed with heat cinnamon taste. And it’s stuffed with nourishing elements that may hold you glad all morning long- not like the breakfast deal with that impressed it!
Why We Love This Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
There are such a lot of the explanation why we love this recipe. For starters, it’s made with nourishing, complete elements that may hold you and your loved ones glad all morning lengthy. And they’re elements that I at all times have readily available, so it’s an excellent recipe to show to when you’re quick on groceries. Secondly, it’s extremely simple to make. There aren’t many issues I like higher than with the ability to feed my children wholesome, scrumptious, and filling meals with little or no prep time. It’s so simple as stirring the elements collectively and baking! You’ll be able to even put together it the night time earlier than and bake it within the morning.
Lastly- it’s downright scrumptious. Quick and wholesome is nice, but when it doesn’t style nice does it actually matter?? No. (Properly, sure. However nonetheless no.) Okay, so that you in all probability gained’t idiot anybody into considering they’re sinking their tooth right into a gloriously butter and sugar crammed pastry. Actually, attempting to promote it that means is a assured method to lose some main belief factors. Nonetheless, it has the proper steadiness of sweetness and it’s stuffed with heat cinnamony taste. And topped with a candy vanilla drizzle, you’ll nonetheless be rewarded with a table-full of smiles. It’s deliciously chewy, and the sides get a slight crunch from the brown sugar. It’s simply plain GOOD.
Elements for Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Rolled Oats– Common rolled oats is what we used and works greatest on this recipe.
- Milk– We used 2% milk, however almond, oat, or different dairy-free various works nice too.
- Eggs– If you’re coping with an egg allergy, you’ll be able to add 1 tablespoon flax meal. It can assist bind the oatmeal instead of the eggs. Or, you’ll be able to merely depart the eggs out. However you should have a extra spoon-able oatmeal.
- Applesauce– We used common unsweetened applesauce.
- Butter– We used salted butter. Coconut oil makes a extremely yummy substitute!
- Vanilla Extract– For a enjoyable and scrumptious twist, you’ll be able to add 1/4 tsp almond extract as effectively.
- Brown Sugar– You’ll be able to simply substitute your favourite sweetener right here with out affecting the ultimate product.
- Cinnamon– This recipe requires 1 tablespoon floor cinnamon. It’s cinnamon roll baked oatmeal in spite of everything! Should you aren’t an enormous fan you possibly can lower it again by a teaspoon or so.
- Baking Powder – The baking powder provides lightness and improves the feel of your baked oatmeal.
- Salt– We used kosher salt. This balances the sweetness and improves the general taste.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Whisk collectively the milk, applesauce, eggs, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir collectively the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the moist elements to the oats and stir till mixed.
- Pour the combination right into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 levels for 25-Half-hour or till flippantly browned and set.
- Skinny the vanilla Greek yogurt with a little bit of milk till you get a very good consistency for drizzling. Drizzle on tp of the baked oatmeal.
- Get pleasure from as is or serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Suggestions & Strategies
Can I put together Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal the night time earlier than and bake it within the morning?
Sure! Comply with the recipe as directed. Within the morning, take away the oatmeal from the fridge and let it relaxation on the counter whereas the oven is preheating.
How lengthy does baked oatmeal final within the fridge?
You’ll be able to retailer leftover baked oatmeal in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days. It’s also possible to freeze the leftovers in particular person serving containers for as much as three months.
How ought to I serve baked oatmeal?
You’ll be able to lower it into squares and serve it simply as it’s. However it is usually actually yummy served in a bowl and topped with milk. In order for you some further sweetness, you can too serve it with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Strive including a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the combination earlier than baking. It provides a scrumptious crunch! It’s also possible to add fruit like chopped apples, blueberries, or sliced bananas. For a enjoyable serving concept, bake the oatmeal in greased muffin cups and high with a swirl of yogurt drizzle. It seems to be identical to a cinnamon roll!
Extra Scrumptious Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
This Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal is nice, chewy, and stuffed with heat cinnamon taste. And it is stuffed with nourishing elements that may hold you glad all morning long- not like the breakfast deal with that impressed it!
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt for drizzling on high
Preheat oven to 350 levels. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, applesauce, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla.
In a big mixing bowl, add oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir till mixed. Pour the moist elements into the dry and stir simply till mixed.
Pour into ready baking dish and bake for 25-Half-hour till the oats have set and the highest is a deep golden brown. Take away from oven.
Skinny the vanilla Greek yogurt with a small quantity of milk and drizzle excessive earlier than serving. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find numerous scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie