Good for brunch or dessert, this blueberry-studded pound cake from The Oat Milk Cookbook can simply be switched up by swapping the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries and including lemon zest to the thick, candy glaze.
What you want:
For the cake:
1 cup oat milk
¼ cup flaxseed
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup refined coconut oil, softened however agency
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups contemporary blueberries or frozen, not defrosted
For the glaze:
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon oat milk (plus extra if wanted)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. Frivolously oil a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and flaxseed meal. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a big bowl, cream collectively coconut oil and sugar. Beat oat milk combination and vanilla into coconut oil combination. Combine dry substances into moist substances. Fold in blueberries.
- Unfold batter into ready pan. Bake cake for 75 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in heart comes out clear. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make glaze, combine all substances collectively, till consistency is easy, and drizzle it over cooled cake.