Fill these straightforward loaded egg muffins with any mixture of veggies, cheese, and meats. Good breakfast to make forward for the week.
Loaded Egg Muffins
These wholesome Loaded Egg Muffins are made with eggs, bacon, spinach, cheese, and veggies after which baked in a muffin tin. I used a few of my favourite omelet components, however you possibly can swap it up and use no matter you want or have in your fridge. Extra of my favourite egg muffin recipes are these Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins, Egg White Muffins, and Hash Brown Egg White Nests.
Why This Recipe Works
- Wholesome: Two omelet muffins have 14 grams of protein with solely 165 energy and underneath three grams of protein.
- Meal Prep: These egg cups are good for making forward at any time when you will have time, they usually freeze and reheat effectively.
- Handy: They’re an excellent grab-and-go breakfast or snack to have prepared within the fridge or freezer.
Loaded Egg Muffin Substances
- Eggs: You’ll want 9 giant eggs.
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Greens: Thawed and drained frozen spinach, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper
- Bacon: Cook dinner three strips of bacon and chop it.
- Cheese: Use two ounces of shredded cheddar, or mozzarella, swiss, and so on
How one can Make Egg Muffins
- As soon as all of your components are prepped, these straightforward egg muffins come collectively rapidly. Simply whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and stir within the remaining components.
- How one can Bake Eggs in Muffin Tin: Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray. Place the tin on a baking sheet and pour within the egg combination.
- How Lengthy to Bake Egg Muffins: Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes till set. Whenever you pull them out of the oven, they might deflate somewhat – that is regular!
To stop egg muffins from sticking to the tin, observe these steps:
- Correctly Grease Your Muffin Tin:Use an olive oil spray to totally grease every muffin cup, together with the perimeters and backside.
- Use Silicone Muffin Cups:Think about using silicone cups or liners, that are naturally nonstick.
- Enable Egg Muffins to Cool Earlier than Elimination: After baking, let the omelet muffins cool for at the least 5 to 10 minutes. Cooling permits the egg to retract barely from the perimeters of the tin, making them simpler to take away.
- Use a Knife or Spatula:If they’re nonetheless caught after cooling, use a skinny knife or a small spatula to rigorously loosen the sides of every egg muffin earlier than making an attempt to take away them from the tin.
How lengthy do egg muffins hold?
Egg muffins are good for meal prep. You’ll be able to even double the recipe. Make them forward and freeze or refrigerate the remainder. They may hold within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
How one can Freeze
Right here’s what to do to freeze these breakfast muffins for the month:
- Let the muffins cool, then take away them from the muffin tin.
- Flash freeze them by setting them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sticking the pan within the freezer. This step prevents the muffins from freezing collectively.
- As soon as frozen, switch them to a freezer-safe bag, label it, and return it to the freezer.
How one can Reheat Egg Muffin Cups
To reheat, you don’t even must thaw them first. Pop them within the microwave straight from the freezer and heat for one minute till heated by means of.
You’ll be able to fill these breakfast egg muffin cups with something you want in your omelets! Under are some variations:
- Eggs: For those who choose egg whites, you should use them or do half eggs and half whites.
- Cheese: Omit the cheese to make them Paleo or Whole30. Or swap the cheddar with Monterrey Jack, mozzarella, or Swiss.
- Vegetarian Egg Muffins: Omit the bacon.
- Meat: Add chopped, cooked rooster sausage or ham.
- Don’t like one of many veggies? Lacking one? No worries! Swap any of the greens for no matter you want. Zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, and broccoli would all be good.
- Leafy Greens: Use leftover cooked leafy greens, like Swiss chard or kale. For those who don’t have frozen spinach, sauté recent and add it to the muffins.
- Western Omelet: Use ham, Swiss, and bell peppers.
- Egg Casserole: You’ll be able to bake the egg combination in an 8”-x-8” pan for about 30-40 minutes. Verify it with a toothpick to make sure it’s clear earlier than eradicating it from the oven.
Extra Egg Muffin Recipes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 2 omelets
Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the muffin tin generously with cooking spray to stop sticking.
In a big bowl whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper.
Combine within the remaining components.
Fill and place tins on a cookie sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, till set.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 omelets, Energy: 165 kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5 g, Protein: 14 g, Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fats: 4.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 289 mg, Sodium: 267 mg