This scrumptious Spinach Salad recipe is one which I’ve been making for years! Crispy bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a candy and tangy poppyseed dressing make this salad a satisfying dish that goes nicely with nearly any meal. It’s additionally straightforward to make with substances I all the time have readily available. One style and also you’ll perceive why it’s our favourite!
Why That is our Favourite Spinach Salad:
I like a great salad. And if a hearty major dish salad isn’t on the menu, then a fast facet salad normally makes an look on the dinner desk. Typically it’s a ‘clean-out-the-fridge’ type of salad- a manner to make use of up further produce on the finish of the week. However once I need one thing just a bit bit further.. that’s once I flip to this spinach salad.
Make no mistake, this salad nonetheless comes collectively actually shortly utilizing easy substances that I normally have readily available. However the taste is something however abnormal. Spinach and crispy romaine are topped with salty bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a easy poppyseed dressing made with pantry staples. The result’s a candy and savory salad that retains everybody coming again till the bowl is empty.
Simple sufficient for a weeknight, however ‘fancy’ sufficient for firm or vacation dinners. This Spinach Salad recipe is formidable like that. If I’ve it, generally I’ll throw strawberries, sliced avocados, or mandarin oranges into the combination. Nevertheless it actually isn’t needed. This salad is deliciously full simply as it’s.
Components for our Favourite Spinach Salad:
- Spinach– We like to make use of child spinach on this salad.
- Lettuce– Romaine lettuce offers a pleasant crunch to the salad.
- Bacon– You should use no matter bacon you want right here. I like to make use of the precooked bacon from Costco.
- Mozzarella Cheese– Contemporary grated mozzarella is best than pre-shredded on this salad.
- Cottage Cheese– I like to make use of massive curd cottage cheese on this salad.
- Sugar– You’ll want common, white granulated sugar for this dressing.
- Oil– Any neutral-flavored oil works right here. I’ve used avocado oil, vegetable oil, and light-weight olive oil.
- White Vinegar– Good outdated white, distilled vinegar is what we use on this dressing.
- Poppy Seeds– Provides nice crunch and coloration.
- Dry Mustard– This recipe requires dry mustard powder, however in the event you don’t have that, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard can be utilized additionally.
- Salt– I like to make use of kosher or sea salt.
- Inexperienced Onion– Inexperienced onion provides a beautiful, mellow taste to the dressing.
Methods to Make this Spinach Salad Recipe:
- Prep lettuce. Wash and chop lettuce into bite-sized items. Add to a big serving bowl with the spinach and toss flippantly to mix.
- Drain the cottage cheese. Pour the cottage cheese right into a sieve and rinse with chilly water to take away the creamy liquid. Drain nicely and add to the salad. Add shredded mozzarella and crispy bacon.
- Make the dressing. In a small jar or bowl add all the dressing substances. Add a lid and shake, or whisk till nicely mixed. Chill till able to serve.
- Toss the salad. Drizzle desired quantity of dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Or, serve the dressing on the facet.
- Get pleasure from!
Ideas & Solutions:
Can I make spinach salad forward of time?
You’ll be able to prep this salad earlier within the day. Reserve the bacon and add it proper earlier than serving. The poppyseed dressing will be made nicely upfront. It’s going to final for as much as two weeks within the fridge. Don’t add the dressing till you’re able to serve. Undressed leftover salad will final for as much as 2 days within the fridge. You’ll seemingly have extra dressing than you want for the salad, so add simply sufficient to flippantly coat, then add extra to style if desired.
What else can I put on this spinach salad recipe?
This recipe is tremendous adaptable. This variation is our very favourite, however listed below are another ingredient mixtures that you could strive:
- Swiss Cheese, Mandarin Oranges, Diced Avocado & Fried Onions
- Strawberries, Chopped Pecans & Feta Cheese
- Blueberries, Toasted Walnuts & Goat Cheese
- Diced Laborious Boiled Eggs & Sliced Mushrooms
- Avocado, Strawberry & Slivered Almonds
- Contemporary Peaches, Sliced Almonds & Smoked Gouda
What goes nicely together with your favourite spinach salad?
One of many issues I like about this salad is that it’s scrumptious with so many various meals. Listed below are a number of recipes it goes nice with:
Extra Scrumptious Salad Recipes:
Favourite Spinach Salad
This scrumptious Spinach Salad recipe is one which I’ve been making for years! Crispy bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a candy and tangy poppyseed dressing make this salad a satisfying dish that goes nicely with nearly any meal. One style and you will perceive why it is our favourite!
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 ounce bag contemporary child spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup bacon items cooked till crispy
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cottage cheese rinsed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 stalks inexperienced onion chopped
Rinse lettuce and chop into chew dimension items. Add to a big salad bowl with spinach.
Drain and rinse cottage cheese. Add to the salad bowl with the shredded mozzarella cheese and crispy bacon items. Cowl and chill till able to serve.
Mix dressing substances in a small bowl and whisk collectively. Chill till able to serve the salad.
You’ll be able to pour the dressing over the salad when able to serve, or let individuals add their very own dressing to their salad portion. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 0.03g | Ldl cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 741mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10275IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here one can find a lot of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and change into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie