Properly, hiya there and completely happy Friday, buddies! It’s been some time, hasn’t it?
After almost eight months, our lives have settled again into considerably of a little bit of a predictable routine and I’m so, so completely happy to say hello to you on a Friday once more! (For extra about my hiatus, you may learn my preliminary put up about Dominic’s analysis right here, after which updates one, two, three, 4, and 5.)
Thanks all on your endless assist, prayers, emails, good ideas, encouraging mail and packages, and all the pieces in between. It has meant the world to our household and I thanks from the underside of my coronary heart.
Now, let’s get on with a Friday Issues! ????
1. The youngsters received to go trick or treating collectively! We weren’t certain if we’d be residence or if Dominic could be in New York receiving remedy, however we ended up leaving the following morning. They’d a lot enjoyable, and I’m so glad they may take pleasure in this collectively.
2. A fast Dominic replace: he had one other spherical of immunotherapy remedy final week. The infusions went nicely, although the final one hit him a bit more durable than earlier ones, and he ran two fevers over the course of the time we had been there, which is a facet impact of the remedy. All in all, it was a profitable journey. We’ll return in early December for an additional spherical, after which he could have a battery of scans afterward to gauge the progress of the remedy.
3. Tis the season >> How to Practice Gratitude Every Day
4. A 12 months or two in the past, we began the custom of a “grateful tree” the place every day the children wrote on a leaf what they had been grateful for that day. Then final 12 months we switched it to the “grateful turkey” and did feathers as an alternative of leaves. I’m placing up the turkey immediately and I really like that they’re excited to do that!
5. Talking of, do you may have your Thanksgiving menu deliberate? I’m engaged on ours over the following few days and can share it when it’s completed! What’s a must-make on your meal or dessert? I really feel just like the tacky creamed corn casserole is the group favourite at our Thanksgiving yearly.
6. I’ve been doing quite a lot of studying for the reason that spring, because of spending a major period of time in ready rooms, hospitals, in clinic throughout blood transfusions, and so on. The books I’ve completed:
- Unbroken (had began it final 12 months – loved it)
- The Four Winds (actually favored it!)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (I used to be stunned by how a lot I beloved this one, I used to be making an attempt to determine the connection between Evelyn and the reporter the entire time)
- Verity (I learn this in lower than per week, which is lightning quick for me; it was tremendous suspenseful however I additionally discovered it actually, actually disturbing)
- The Nightingale (began slowly for me, however the final third of the e book or so, I flew by way of, it was incredible)
I simply began It Ends With Us. I even have queued up Code Name Helene, which was picked as a part of a e book membership a good friend of mine began, however I wanted one thing in between World Warfare II feminine spy books ????
I was a voracious reader and it feels nice to have that studying urge sparked once more! I really like getting misplaced in a fantastic story.
7. The previous few years, we have now put up our Christmas tree earlier than Thanksgiving and I’m READY. I need to get essentially the most out of these heat, cozy lights. The youngsters began asking to take heed to Christmas music on the best way to highschool a few weeks in the past; we’re all-in on holidays right here!
8. I really like this recommendation >> The Greatest Conversation Advice I Ever Received
9. We’ve got to speak TV, after all! I JUST came upon that the brand new season of The Crown dropped on Wednesday and I can’t wait to observe! I’m additionally counting down the hours to Yellowstone’s season 5 premiere on Sunday night time. My faaaaaaaaavorite ????
10. These two are nonetheless the final word snuggle bugs ❤️