Greek Tofu Bowls function crispy, baked breaded tofu cutlets over a mattress of contemporary cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers in a lightweight dressing.
Greek Tofu Bowl
Tofu is a good supply of vegetarian protein. It’s low in energy and really gentle in taste, so it wants a bit of like to make it one thing you crave. Since I at all times get requests for brand new methods to get pleasure from tofu that’s not Asian, I got here up with this wholesome Greek Tofu recipe. It’s like a Greek salad with tofu, with numerous contemporary and colourful greens. Plus, they pack in 32 grams of protein per serving. It is a nice plant-based major course for lunch or dinner. Extra of my favourite simple tofu recipes are these Tofu Poke Bowls, Tofu Stir Fry, Spicy Sriracha Tofu Rice Bowls, and Tofu Tacos.
How do you infuse tofu with taste?
Many Greek tofu marinade recipes use a liquid marinade to infuse taste, nevertheless it didn’t seem to be the best way to go for a Mediterranean taste. As a substitute, I created thinner cutlet and layered taste with seasoned Greek yogurt and breadcrumbs, creating a lightweight, but crunchy tofu dish, even non-tofu lovers will get pleasure from!
Greek Tofu Components
- Tofu: Drain one bundle of additional agency tofu.
- Yogurt: I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt to coat the tofu.
- Garlic: Mince two garlic cloves.
- Lemon: Zest one lemon.
- Panko breadcrumbs for further crispy tofu
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano
- Greek Bowl Dressing: Olive oil, purple wine vinegar, lemon juice, dried oregano, salt, pepper
- Greens: Persian cucumber, purple bell pepper, grape tomatoes, purple onion
- Cheese: Crumble feta on prime of the bowls.
Methods to Make Greek Tofu Bowls
- Drain the Tofu: Place tofu on a plate lined with paper towels or a tea towel, cowl with one other towel, and place a heavy pan on prime to press out the surplus water.
- Dressing: Whisk the dressing components and put aside.
- Greek Yogurt Combination: Mix the yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Tofu Breading: Combine the panko and seasoning.
- Season Tofu: Slice the tofu widthwise into eight equal slices, about half-inch every. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
- Dredge the Tofu: Flippantly coat the items in yogurt after which the breadcrumbs, urgent gently to stick. Place the breaded slices onto a greased sheet pan and frivolously spray the tops with oil.
- Bake the breaded tofu on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 400°F. Take away the pan from the oven, flip each bit, after which return to the oven to bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Prep the Greens: Cube the cucumber and bell pepper into one-inch items, slice the purple onions, and halve the tomatoes.
- Assemble the Tofu Bowls: Add half of the greens to 2 giant bowls and prime every with 4 tofu slices. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with feta.
Methods to Retailer Greek Bowls
The tofu would be the crispiest straight out of the oven, however if you wish to meal prep these vegetarian Greek bowls, retailer the tofu, veggies, dressing, and cheese individually. Reheat the tofu within the air fryer, oven, or microwave till heat.
- Greens: Be happy to make use of any combo of veggies you might have. Avocado, roasted beets, and zucchini would all be good.
- Not a tofu fan? Swap it with shrimp or hen.
- Herbs: Sprinkle the bowls with contemporary herbs, like mint, dill, or basil.
- Jarred Components: High the Mediterranean bowls with kalamata olives, capers, or artichoke hearts.
- Make It Extra Filling: Add brown rice, quinoa, pita bread or chickpeas.
- Vegan Tofu Bowls: Omit the cheese and use dairy-free yogurt.
- Sauce: If you need extra of a sauce on prime, prime if with tzatziki or drizzle with tahini.
- Greek Salad: Add romaine lettuce or spinach if you wish to add leafy greens.
Extra Bowls Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Flippantly spray a sheet pan with oil and put aside.
Place tofu on a paper towel or tea towel lined plate. Cowl with one other towel and place a heavy pan on prime to press out extra water from tofu.
In the meantime, make the dressing. In a small measuring cup, mix all dressing components. Whisk to mix and put aside.
In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the garlic, lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, to style.
Place breadcrumbs on a plate then add the garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to style. Combine to mix.
Slice tofu widthwise into 8 equal slices, about ½ inch every. Season slices with a pinch of salt and pepper. Flip the slices and season with one other pinch of salt and pepper.
Working with 1 slice at a time, add the tofu to the yogurt combination and together with your arms or the again of a spoon, frivolously coat the tofu with the yogurt then put aside on one other clear plate. Repeat with the remaining slices.
As soon as all slices are coated in yogurt, transfer to the breading.
Dip every slice within the breadcrumbs, urgent gently to stick to all sides. Place every breaded slice on the ready sheet pan. Flippantly spray the highest with olive oil.
Place tofu within the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Take away the sheet pan from the oven, rigorously flip every piece, then return to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes.
In the meantime, cube the cucumber and bell pepper into 1-inch items and halve the tomatoes.
When the tofu is completed, enable it to chill for five minutes whilst you assemble the bowls. In 2 shallow bowls, add ½ the cucumber, pepper, onions and tomatoes to every then prime with 4 slices of tofu. Whisk the dressing to re-combine then drizzle over the bowls and prime with crumbled feta.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 485 kcal, Carbohydrates: 30 g, Protein: 32 g, Fats: 27 g, Saturated Fats: 5.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 16 mg, Sodium: 682 mg, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 9 g