Gentle-baked with crisp edges, loaded with chewy dried strawberries and creamy white chocolate, these strawberries & cream cookies ship a summery-sweet style any time of 12 months.
Have you ever ever tried my strawberry biscuit cookies? Buttery, tender, and flaky, the cookies come collectively like an precise biscuit dough full of recent berries. They’re lovable, candy, and topped with icing.
However they don’t have that chewy-dense texture everyone knows and love about, say, chocolate chip cookies. That’s as a result of throwing recent strawberries into cookie dough creates a very moist cookie dough… aka a cookie paste. I really like the strawberry biscuit cookies, however I by no means actually gave up on my strawberry cookie quest.
Enter freeze-dried strawberries, the magical type of berry goodness that makes strawberry buttercream doable. Give the freeze-dried fruit a tough chop and throw them into cookie dough together with white chocolate chunks and cream cheese. It is a recipe for dessert utopia.
Why You’ll Adore These Strawberries & Cream Cookies
- Cream cheese within the dough makes for delicate and creamy-tasting cookies
- The freeze-dried strawberries rehydrate within the dough, so the bits of berry are deliciously chewy (not ethereal and light-weight)
- Completely candy with gooey swimming pools of melted white chocolate
- Thick and soft-baked middle, with crispy edges
- Mixture of white chocolate and strawberry is so yummy—identical to in these white chocolate strawberry cupcakes
- Take pleasure in candy strawberries & cream any time of 12 months!
We’ll use the identical cookie dough base as these cookies & cream cookies. Utilizing a mix of butter and cream cheese, the cookies are additional delicate and uniquely creamy-tasting. So satisfying.
A Few Key Substances You Want
- Cornstarch: I really like including a contact of cornstarch as a result of it helps create a thicker, softer cookie. For those who don’t have it, simply depart it out.
- Baking Soda: Helps the cookies puff up after which fall to their crinkly, chewy future.
- Cream Cheese: Makes for a deliciously delicate and creamy cookie, which is what all of us love in these cream cheese sugar cookies.
- White Chocolate: Chopped white chocolate melts into gooey little puddles of candy creaminess. The items on the underside of the cookies tackle a scrumptious caramelized taste, too. You too can use white chocolate chips as a substitute, or semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or darkish chocolate chips when you want.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: Whereas these begin with a light-as-air dry and crispy texture, the strawberries truly rehydrate within the dough, in order that they find yourself delightfully chewy within the baked cookies. (I don’t significantly love the feel of freeze-dried strawberries, however after baking in a moist dough, the feel completely transforms.)
Cream the Butter & Cream Cheese Collectively First
Creamed room-temperature butter and sugar is the bottom of many cookie recipes. However earlier than we add the sugar, it’s crucial to correctly cream the cream cheese and butter collectively. The 2 are completely different textures—cream cheese is way softer than butter. My tip is to beat the cream cheese in your mixer till very delicate and clean, with no lumps. Then add the softened butter and beat collectively till mixed. That is your creamy base for these strawberries & cream cookies.
Freeze-Dried Strawberries Success Suggestions
- The place to purchase freeze-dried strawberries? I discover freeze-dried strawberries in my common grocery retailer within the dried fruit aisle. They’re turning into fairly widespread. Dealer Joe’s, Amazon, and Goal all carry them, as nicely.
- Combine them into the dough final. Beat within the white chocolate chunks first, after which add within the strawberry items in your mixer’s lowest velocity, simply briefly to include, with out letting the mixer crush the berries an excessive amount of (otherwise you’ll find yourself with pinkish-taupe cookies). Use the items of strawberries, not all of the strawberry mud that’s created once you chop the freeze-dried berries. Save that for making the frosting for a strawberry cake!
Count on a thick and sticky dough. Be sure to take the time to sit back it within the fridge for no less than 2 hours, in any other case your cookies will unfold into shapeless puddles within the oven. The dough stiffens up fairly properly after 2 hours within the fridge:
Suggestions for Shaping Your Cookies
After chilling, scoop the dough (heaping 1.5 Tablespoons/35g in dimension, I exploit this medium cookie scoop) and roll into balls. Truly, you need to kind them into tall columns (LOL) to assist guarantee good thick cookies, such as you see me do when making chewy chocolate chip cookies.
These are thick, lumpy-bumpy cookies. Don’t anticipate them to return out trying uniform, due to the chunky items of chopped berries and white chocolate, however that’s a part of their attraction! Examine on the cookies about midway by baking and:
- In the event that they’re not spreading a lot, take the baking sheet out of the oven and bang it in your counter a pair instances, to provoke the unfold. The longer you chill the dough, the much less the cookies will unfold, so when you chill the dough for longer than 2 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about half-hour earlier than forming into cookies and baking.
- In case your cookies are over-spreading or trying actually uneven in form or dimension, use a spoon to softly press in across the edges to reshape, then return the pans to the oven to complete baking.
I additionally prefer to press just a few extra white chocolate chunks into the tops of the strawberries & cream cookies after they’re nonetheless heat, but it surely’s just for seems. And when you’ve got additional white chocolate, be happy to soften it and drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Utilizing a mix of butter and cream cheese, these strawberry-speckled white chocolate cookies are additional delicate and uniquely creamy-tasting. Chill the dough for no less than 2 hours earlier than baking.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt collectively in a medium bowl. Put aside.
- In a big bowl utilizing a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high velocity till fully clean and creamy. Add the butter and beat till mixed, scraping down the edges and up the underside of the bowl as wanted. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium-high velocity till clean and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on excessive velocity till mixed, about 1 minute. Scrape down the edges and up the underside of the bowl and beat once more as wanted to mix.
- Add the dry elements to the moist elements and blend on low velocity till mixed. With the mixer operating on low velocity, beat within the white chocolate chunks. Add the freeze-dried strawberries and beat on low velocity briefly, till simply mixed.
- Cowl and chill the dough for no less than 2 hours within the fridge (and as much as 4 days). If chilling for longer than just a few hours, permit to take a seat at room temperature for no less than half-hour earlier than rolling and baking as a result of the dough can be fairly laborious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Put aside.
- Roll cookie dough, a heaping 1.5 Tablespoons of dough per cookie (I exploit this medium-size cookie scoop), and place 3 inches aside on the baking sheets. Bake for 13–quarter-hour or till evenly browned on the edges. The facilities will look very delicate.
- Take away from the oven and permit cookies to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill fully. Whereas the cookies are nonetheless heat, I prefer to press just a few extra white chocolate chunks into the tops, only for seems.
- Cookies keep recent coated at room temperature for as much as 1 week.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: You can also make the cookie dough and chill it within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Permit to return to room temperature then proceed with step 5. Baked cookies freeze nicely for as much as 3 months. Unbaked cookie dough balls freeze nicely for as much as 3 months. Bake frozen cookie dough balls for an additional minute, no have to thaw. Right here’s the right way to freeze cookie dough.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Electrical Mixer (Stand Mixer or Handheld) | Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Sheets | Medium Cookie Scoop
- Cornstarch: I really like including slightly cornstarch to some cookie recipes as a result of it helps maintain the cookies additional delicate. You may depart it out when you don’t have any with no different modifications to the recipe wanted. (The cookies are nonetheless fairly delicate with out it!)
- Cream Cheese: Use half of an 8-ounce block of full-fat cream cheese. Don’t use cream cheese unfold or whipped cream cheese. If utilizing low-fat or fat-free, understand that the feel of the cookies can be completely different. They received’t be as wealthy or chewy and will unfold extra. I like to recommend full-fat.
- Freeze-Dried Strawberries: This cookie recipe solely works with freeze dried strawberries (or attempt freeze-dried raspberries or blueberries). Don’t use recent or frozen strawberries. If you wish to use these, attempt these strawberry biscuit cookies as a substitute. I all the time discover freeze-dried strawberries in my common grocery retailer within the aisle with the dried fruit. Goal, Complete Meals, and Dealer Joe’s carry them, too. Or you’ll be able to purchase them online.
- White Chocolate: I sometimes use the Baker’s or Ghirardelli model white chocolate baking bars, which are available 4-ounce (113g) bars, so I chopped up 1 and 1/2 bars for these cookies. Be at liberty to make use of 1 cup white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips as a substitute.
- You should definitely try my high 5 cookie baking suggestions AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking instruments.
Key phrases: strawberries & cream cookies