Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and flavorful herbs and spices, this Wholesome Spinach Dip is each scrumptious and good for you!
Creamy, Scrumptious & Wholesome Spinach Dip
Spinach Dip is a favourite appetizer at our home. It’s creamy and savory and has a scrumptious manner of enhancing just about something we’ve dunked in it. Full Disclaimer: Our dippers have been largely of the bread and produce selection. I can virtually say with certainty- though this hasn’t been tested- Oreo cookies wouldn’t be improved by the addition of spinach dip. Nonetheless in case you are courageous sufficient to aim this mix and discover it wildly scrumptious, please tell us.
Again to this dip. As scrumptious because it was, wholesome it was not. So I did what I do and made a couple of adjustments. Much less cream cheese, eliminated the mayonnaise fully, and changed it with Greek Yogurt. Then I seasoned it liberally, stirred in some nutrient-packed spinach and crunchy water chestnuts and this Wholesome Spinach Dip was born. The Greek yogurt provides a tangy taste that I completely love, and it’s each bit as scrumptious because the calorie-dense unique. If you happen to’re in search of vacation appetizer, potluck providing, or weekday veggie-improver, you’ve come to the appropriate place. Our Wholesome Spinach Dip is creamy, tangy, flavorful, and scrumptious. And did I point out simple?
Substances You’ll Want for this Wholesome Spinach Dip:
- Cream Cheese– We use common, full fats cream cheese on this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt– We like to make use of entire milk Greek yogurt.
- Spinach– I like to purchase recent spinach and throw it within the freezer for smoothies. It’s good for this dip!
- Water Chestnuts– These have a really delicate taste, however add a scrumptious crunch.
- Onion & Garlic Powder– Utilizing powdered elements right here add a scrumptious, extra intense taste.
- Dried Parsley– You can even use recent.
- Sea Salt– You can even add floor pepper to style.
The way to Make Creamy Spinach Dip:
- Prep the elements. Defrost the spinach and squeeze out extra moisture with a clear kitchen towel. Give the spinach a tough chop. Finely cube the water chestnuts.
- Beat the creamy elements. Add softened cream cheese to a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld electrical mixer till clean and creamy. Add the greek yogurt and the seasonings; beat till properly mixed.
- Add the spinach. Add the spinach and water chestnuts and stir till mixed.
- Chill. Chill the spinach dip for no less than half-hour or till able to serve.
- Serve. Serve spinach dip with crackers, bread cubes, carrots, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, or anything you possibly can consider!
Suggestions & Ideas
How lengthy does Wholesome Spinach Dip final within the fridge? Leftover Spinach Dip will final for 3-4 days when saved in an hermetic container within the fridge.
What ought to I serve with spinach dip? Just about every part we now have dipped on this creamy, savory dip has been exceptionally scrumptious. Listed here are a few of our favorites:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sliced Bell Peppers
- Sliced Radishes
- Bagel Chips
- Assorted Crackers
- Recent Bread Chunks
Substitutions & Variations: It is a fairly forgiving recipe, so be happy to play with the completely different elements or change them to suit your style. Bitter cream, mayonnaise, or dairy substitutes can all be used, simply attempt to hold the quantity roughly the identical. You can even play with the flavour profile by including elements like crumbled bacon, diced jalapeños, or chopped artichokes.
Wrap it up! Attempt utilizing leftover spinach dip for sandwiches! Unfold spinach dip on a tortilla and prime with rotisserie hen or sliced turkey. Add assorted greens as desired, then roll it up and serve.
Extra Scrumptious Dip Recipes:
Wholesome Spinach Dip
Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and flavorful herbs and spices, this Wholesome Spinach Dip is each tasty and good for you.
Place the frozen spinach in a strainer. Run heat water over it till the spinach is defrosted. Squeeze the surplus liquid from the spinach with paper towel or a clear kitchen towel till it’s largely dry. I like to cut the spinach at this level into small items, as a result of nobody likes to take a bit chew of a spinach clump!
In a medium mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer till clean. Add Greek yogurt, salt, onion and garlic powder, and dried parsley. Combine till mixed.
Add chopped spinach, and diced water chestnuts and stir till every part is properly mixed. Switch to a serving bowl and refrigerate for half-hour or till you might be able to serve.
Serve with crackers, bread cubes, and your favourite recent veggies. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 7g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.003g | Ldl cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4689IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can find numerous scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie